Bake Time 30-35 min
Yield 12 servings
A delicious southern classic cake.
Lightly spiced, with pineapple, pecans and cream cheese frosting.
2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
Cream Cheese Frosting
4 oz. cream cheese
1 tbsp. butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups icing sugar
2 – 3 tsp. milk (if necessary)
24 pecans or walnuts (break in half)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C). Grease and flour a 25 cm x 40 cm (10” x 15”) jelly roll pan.
2. Cake: In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices; mix well and set aside.
3. Beat eggs until foamy; gradually add oil, pumpkin and sugar and beat well.
4. Pour liquids into dry ingredients and blend well. Turn batter into prepared jelly roll pan.
5. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in the pan.
6. Frosting: Prepare frosting by creaming together cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Gradually beat in icing sugar, adding milk if necessary. Spread on cooled cake. Top with ½ pecan piece (or chopped walnuts) and cut into squares.